There are several different types of MS symptoms, but they usually all fall under one or two main groups: rheumatoid and auto-immune. Typically, someone who has MS will have had their immune system react strongly to an abnormality or a foreign substance in the body. In the past, doctors could only accurately diagnose MS if the patient had rheumatoid arthritis as well as other signs and symptoms of this condition. However, researchers now believe that people who have MS do not necessarily have rheumatoid arthritis - they may actually have an auto-immune disorder that affects the lining of the inner ear.
MS is also classified as a form of arthritis that causes the joints to swell and become inflamed. There are three common symptoms of MS that typically affect multiple areas of the body. They include:
* Fever - This is usually the first signs of MS that patients experience. In fact, it's the first signs that most people experience with any disease. Patients with MS often experience high fever for no reason at all. However, there are some patients who have fever when there is actually no physical problem with the body. In these cases, the MS symptoms are caused by something else going on in the body. For example, some patients will experience muscle aches as a result of their MS diagnosis.
* Sudden, inexplicable weakness - This is also one of the main MS symptoms that can appear at almost any time of the day or night. Usually, when a person has MS, they will experience sudden weakness that can strike anywhere. However, there are also other possible reasons why MS sufferers experience unexpected weakness such as stress, infections or even simply by doing physical activities too strenuously. In some cases, there may not be any other obvious reason for the sensation of weakness. However, the fatigue and loss of energy that many people feel after experiencing MS symptoms is definitely a symptom. The second type of MS symptoms that is known is the presence of various kinds of sensations such as tingling, numbness and even changes in skin texture, temperature or heart rate.
* Loss of sexual function - Many MS sufferers report difficulties with sexual function such as having problems getting an erection, having problems with ejaculation and premature ejaculation. Sexual dysfunction can lead to fatigue and can also cause some of the other MS symptoms that people experience, such as muscle aches. If there is nerve damage caused to the penis, this can also lead to the sensations that MS people feel. Therefore, the loss of sexual function is one of the first MS symptoms that people can experience.
* Temporary worsening of symptoms - When MS symptoms are caused by different factors, there can be a chance that they may worsen over time. For example, if someone is constantly exposed to a triggering factor such as dust or pollen, they may experience a temporary worsening of symptoms. Over time, this can cause their nerve damage to increase, which can eventually lead to the sensations that MS sufferers feel. Therefore, it is important to identify the triggers and avoid them as much as possible. This can minimize the chances of the MS symptoms that many people experience being worsened over time.
* Shooting pain in the eyes - Another of the MS symptoms that many people experience is blurry vision. However, there are other symptoms that can also include blurred vision, including double vision and seeing spots. Because these blurred vision symptoms can also be caused by optic neuritis, you should visit your doctor so that you can be tested for optic neuritis and determine if it is the cause of your MS symptoms.
* Changes in mood changes - Another of the symptoms that MS sufferers experience is a change in their moods. In addition to the MS symptoms described above, they may also experience changes in their sleep patterns, eating habits or energy levels. It is important not to assume that everything is fine and to do consult with their medical practitioner. If you have depression, diabetes, kidney disease or optic neuritis, you may want to consider seeing your doctor right away to ensure that it isn't something that can be treated.
Oren Zarif - Psychokinesis